The CrossCulture Exchange Programme in Germany 2023 is an excellent fully funded opportunity that is now open for applications. Through the CCP fellowship, over 75 fellows from host organizations in Germany or one of the partner countries get experience in intercultural networks each year.
Both digital and on-site fellowships will be available in 2023. The CrossCulture Exchange Programme will choose 75 professionals and devoted volunteers from up to 40 countries to spend 2 to 3 months in Germany.
During two to three months of work-related stays at host organizations in Germany or CCP partner countries, participants will deepen their expertise, establish new contacts, and acquire intercultural skills.
In exchange, the host organizations gain from the CCP Fellows’ experience, regional knowledge, and networks.
Participants can also attend CCP-hosted transcultural workshops, networking events, and professional opportunities. Fellows then apply their newly acquired experience to their home organization after returning to their regular working lives.
The CrossCulture Programme aims to establish long-term civil society networks between Germany and countries across the world. Participants from all academic backgrounds and academic specialties are welcome to apply. This is an excellent chance for you if you’re open to engaging in a cross-cultural experience.
The CrossCulture Exchange Programme 2023 Details:
- Institute: Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen
- Duration: 2-3 months
- Fellowship coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible nationality: International
- Award country: Germany
- Deadline : 22 December 2022
Financial Coverage of the CrossCulture Exchange Programme in Germany
The following costs will be covered by the IFA as part of the fully funded CCP fellowship in Germany:
For international participants :
- a monthly stipend of 550 euros
- costs for round-trip airfare
- full accommodation
- monthly public transportation ticket within the fellow’s city of residence,
- health insurance
- Any visa fees spent will be reimbursed.
For German participants :
- a monthly accommodation allowance of 550 euros.
- a monthly stipend of 550 euros.
- reimbursement of round-trip airfare.
- Any visa fees spent will be reimbursed.
- health insurance
Because participants are not permitted to bring family members such as spouses or children, the ifa DOES NOT cover any fees or undertake any responsibility for additional people.
Countries elegibile for the CrossCulture Exchange Programme in Germany:
The CCP fellowship is only open to candidates from the following countries:
Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Germany, Guatemala, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Mexico, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Republic of Moldova, Russia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
Documents Required for the CrossCulture Exchange Programme
To apply for the CrossCulture Fellowships Programme, you must upload the following documents online :
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae (the CV must be written in English including details about education/training, work experience, volunteering and other skills)
- Recommendation letter by your current employer/home organization (using the CCP template)
- Photo (optional).
Eligibility Criteria for the CrossCulture Exchange Programme
For the CrossCulture Fellowships Programme in Germany, applicants must meet the following criteria.
- The candidate must be between the ages of 23 and 45 at the time of application.
- at least two years of documented professional experience or voluntary work in a civil society organization in the applicant’s home country.
- English proficiency, both written and spoken.
- The applicant is in good enough health to stay abroad for an extended period of time.
- The candidate has been or is now involved in social activities on a long-term basis.
- The candidate has full-time job experience in their profession.
- There is currently or will be a partnership with an organization in the target nation.
- The candidate also speaks other languages, especially German.
List of Available Fields & Topics for the CrossCulture Programme in Germany
Fellowships are mostly awarded to people who work in one of the following fields:
- Media and culture
- Policy and society
- Civic & citizenship education
- Sustainable development
- Human rights and peace
- Non-formal political education
In addition, in 2023 the following key topics will also be focussed on:
- Climate justice
- Digital civil society
Students are NOT permitted to participate in the programme due to the application’s exclusionary criteria.
How to Apply for the CrossCulture Programme 2023 in Germany
Applications for the German CrossCulture Programme 2023 must be submitted online.
To apply :
- Using this application portal, choose the relevant country for applications.
- Fill out the application form and attach your documents. All documents must be available for upload when the application starts because the application system cannot cache any data.
- Using the application site, submit the filled-out application.
- Applications that are incomplete, sent via email, or submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
What follows the application?
- Applicants will get an email confirming the receipt of their application.
- Shortlisted applicants will be called to an interview by the Selection Board after the deadline has passed.
- Selected candidates will be notified via email, most likely in April. Participation in the programme will thereafter take place from May to November 2023.
- Applicants who are not chosen will also be notified via email. Please keep in mind that IFA does not disclose the reason(s) for an application’s rejection.
The deadline for international candidates to apply for the CrossCulture Exchange Programme 2023 in Germany is December 22, 2022.