Curtin University is currently welcoming applications from outstanding and suitably qualified students for its Excellence Scholarship programs open to students excelling in academics, sports and other professional engagements.
Scholarships, and financial aid bursaries are part of Curtin’s commitment to rewarding academic excellence, supporting research and enabling students from all backgrounds to realise their potential.
Curtin University Scholarship majors:
- Foundation Stage:
Engineering and Hard Sciences
Foundation in Information Technology
Foundation in Business
Foundation in Arts and Media
- Bachelor’s majors:
Arts and Creative Industries,
Information Technology and Computing
- Master’s majors:
MBA International MBA
Types of Curtin University Scholarships in UAE
Curtin University Dubai offers multiple scholarships and financial aid for international students. Below are the different types of scholarships in our Dubai campus
- Academic Excellence Scholarship The Academic Excellence Scholarship
has been developed to reward students who have demonstrated academic excellence in their high school exams, and wish to continue studying at Curtin University Dubai.
- Professional Excellence Scholarship for Graduate Applicants
This scholarship has been developed to reward graduate students who have either distinguished themselves in their undergraduate studies or have made a significant contribution to society through their leadership.
- Sports Excellence Scholarship The Sports Excellence Scholarship
is awarded to students who have won honors at the international and national level.
- Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship for Undergraduate Applicants
A maximum of one eligible student may be awarded by Pro-Vice Chancellor based on a combination of criteria including merit, sports, community/industry service etc. It is open to both domestic and international students.
- SP Wahi Excellence Scholarship for Undergraduate Applicants
The founder may award a maximum of one eligible student based on a set of criteria, including merit, sports, community/industry service etc. It is open to both local and international students.
Aid Scholarship The Financial Aid Scholarship was developed to encourage and support students who have limited financial resources to finance their studies at Curtin Dubai. To be eligible for financial aid, students must have satisfactory academic performance, be able to demonstrate financial need and provide documentation to support their status.
- The Women in Engineering Scholarship The Women in Engineering
Scholarship was developed to reward female students who have earned outstanding high school degrees in science, information technology, engineering, or mathematics. This scholarship category is open to both domestic and international female students applying to engineering programs at Curtin Dubai.
Scholarship This scholarship category is applicable to students who have previously graduated with a degree (with a grade of 6 or higher) from any Curtin campus around the world, who qualify and decide to join one of Curtin University Dubai’s graduate programs.
- Family Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded when two or more students from the same immediate family are enrolled in any institution, undergraduate or postgraduate program (full-time only, not applicable for part-time study). Immediate family members include parents, spouse, and siblings.
- Australian/Emirati National Scholarship
This exclusive scholarship is available to all Emirati and Australian applicants.
- Early Bird Offer Early
applicants who successfully received a letter of admission and registration within their terms of offer are eligible for this scholarship.
- Evening Applications and Other Scholarships
Applicants who have successfully registered for one of the Application Evenings and Campus Open Days are eligible for this scholarship.
Please note the following eligibility conditions;
- The scholarships are for international students.
- Applicants will be assessed by a selection panel based on the information you have provided.
- Your funding award is confidential and must not be discussed with other students. Failure to maintain
confidentiality will lead to cancellation of the funding.
- Two or more funding categories cannot be clubbed together.
- Scholarships, bursaries, and tuition grants are not transferable to any of Curtin’s other campuses.
- Beneficiaries must be in good standing in terms of all ethical, judicial, and academic norms.
- Beneficiaries, particularly those who are awarded merit-based funding, are encouraged to engage in the
Campus’s events and may be asked to represent the Campus as ambassadors from time to time. This helps build a feeling of community and position the student as an inspiration to younger and potential students of the University.
How-to-Apply: Interested students should follow the instructions below to apply for any of the Curtin University Dubai Excellence Scholarships;
- Students must apply for funding using the appropriate request form along with a supporting letter highlighting their merits or need for financial aid.
- Applications must be completed in full to be eligible. Incomplete applications will be deemed unsuccessful.
- All relevant supporting documents, including original academic documents must be presented to Curtin Dubai for review before application deadline.
- Students who receive a Conditional Offer Letter must provide the remaining documents and complete pending formalities to continue to be enrolled in their units for the applicable teaching period.
- These documents need to be provided by the census date to avoid automatic withdrawal.
- To accept your funding offer, you will need to sign and submit the Award Letter to your Admissions Officer.