FAO Internship Program 2023 | Fully Funded
FAO Internship Program 2023, FAO is known for making international efforts to eradicate hunger, achieve food security for all, and ensure that people regularly have access to enough high-quality food to lead active and healthy lives. With more than 195 member countries, the organization operates in more than 130 countries around the world.
The Human Resources Internship program aims to attract talented young women and men who are highly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest experiences in the fields of work of the organization. The program provides an educational opportunity for participants to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in an area related to the work of the organization. With an internship experience at the Food and Agriculture Organization, the interns will contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and the FAO Strategic Goals to Achieve a World Without Hunger – SDG2.
Fields of training in the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Land and water resources
- Crop production and protection and land management
- Animal production and animal health
- Fisheries and aquaculture
- Forest science
- Food and agricultural policy
- Agricultural research, extension and development
- Agricultural industry and rural infrastructure
- Knowledge management program and Information and Networks
- Emergency and Rehabilitation
- Desert Locust in the Central Region of the Near East
- The role of women in development
- Agricultural Statistics
Countries available for training at FAO:
There are many countries targeted by FAO, such as: Egypt, Bahrain, Comoros, Cyprus, Djibouti, Algeria, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
Duration of training in the FAO program:
Program duration ranges from 3 months to 11 months.
Eligibility criteria and conditions that must be met by the applicant:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program (Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD).
- or have graduated from an internationally recognized educational institution (i.e. included in the IAU/UNESCO database) at the time of application or recent graduates.
- That the applicant be a specialist in any field related to the tasks and work of the organization.
- Have a working knowledge of at least one of the FAO languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second language of the institutional languages is an advantage.
- To be a citizen of a country that is a member of the organization.
- You must be between 21 and 30 years old.
- You must be able to adapt to an international, multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- If you have family members (brother, sister, mother, father) working for FAO under any kind of contractual arrangement, you are not eligible to participate in the internship programme.
- You must have appropriate residence or immigration status at the proposed duty station prior to starting the internship assignment.
- If you have previously trained at FAO, you are not eligible for further training.
- FAO pays you a monthly stipend if you are not supported by universities or other entities.
- Application form.
- Motivation letter.
- Graduation certificate or proof of enrollment in a recognized university, or a copy of academic qualifications attached.
- Language proficiency certificates (if any).
How to apply for the FAO Internship Program 2023:
- First Step: Create an account on the FAO website to start applying from here.
- Second Step: Fill in the following information and upload the required files: personal information, education information, employment history, certificates…etc.
- Third Step: Review and submit your application.
Important information for applicants :
It is best to submit the application well in advance of the deadline.
- Your application will be examined according to the information in your file.
- Only approved academic papers or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized on the list of the International Association of Universities or UNESCO will be considered.
- Applications will be reviewed and only applicants who are eligible for interviews will be contacted by the recruitment office and contacted again, if selected for training.