The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to end hunger, achieve food security for all, and ensure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead an active and healthy life. With over 194 member states, the organization operates in more than 130 countries around the world.
The Human Resources Internship Program aims to attract talented young women and men who have a strong motivation to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest experiences in the areas of work of the organization. The program provides an educational opportunity for participants to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in an area related to FAO’s work. Through the training experience at FAO, the trainees will contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and the strategic goals of the Food and Agriculture Organization to achieve a world without hunger – SDG2.
Areas of training in the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO):
– Land and water resources
– crop production and protection and land management
– animal production and animal health
– fisheries and aquaculture
– forest science
– food and agricultural policy
– agricultural research, extension and development
– agricultural industry and rural infrastructure
– knowledge management program and Information and Networks
– Emergency and Rehabilitation
– Desert Locust in the Central Region of the Near East
– The role of women in development
■ The countries targeted for training in the “FAO” organization:
Egypt, Bahrain, Comoros, Cyprus, Djibouti, Algeria, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
■ Duration of training: from 3 months to 11 months
check this : University of Sydney Scholarships
■ Eligibility criteria and conditions that must be met by the applicant:
1) Be enrolled in a university degree program (bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate) or graduate of an internationally recognized educational institution (i.e. listed in the IAU / UNESCO database) at the time of application or recent graduates.
2) The applicant must be a specialist in a field related to the organization’s tasks and work.
3) Working knowledge of at least one of the FAO languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
Knowledge of a second language of the organization’s languages is an advantage that gives preference to its owner.
4) To be a citizen of a country that is a member of the FAO.
5) Candidates must be between 21 and 30 years old.
6) Candidates should be able to adapt to a multicultural international environment and have good communication skills.
7) Candidates who have family members (brother, sister, mother, father) working for FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible to participate in the internship program.
8) Candidates must have appropriate residency or immigration status at the proposed duty station prior to the commencement of the internship assignment.
9) Candidates who previously had an internship at FAO, will not be eligible for another internship.
10) The Food and Agriculture Organization pays a monthly stipend to trainees if they are not sponsored by universities or other entities.
– Application form
– letter of motivation
– graduation certificate or proof of enrollment in a recognized university or a copy of academic qualifications attached.
Language Proficiency Certificates (if any)
How to apply:
First Step: Create an account on the FAO website to start your submission from here.
Second Step: Fill in the following information and upload the required files:
(Personal information, education information, employment history, certificates … etc.)
Step Three: Review and submit your application.
■ Important information for applicants:
It is preferable to submit the application well before the deadline.
– Your application will be examined according to the information provided in your file.
– Only approved academic papers or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the list of the International Federation of Universities or UNESCO will be considered.
– All applications will be reviewed and only eligible applicants will be contacted for interviews by the employment office and contacted again, if they are selected for training.
Deadline to apply: 8 / August / 2021
You can access the official website of the opportunity from the
following link: www.fao.org