The management of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), in cooperation with the Turkish Scholarships Department, is pleased to announce a call for applications for Islamic Development Bank scholarships in Turkey for the year 2022-2023 on March 15, 2023. The jointly funded scholarship program is awarded to successful candidates for studies at most universities in Turkey, starting in September 2023.
The program is designed to provide educational opportunities for academically distinguished students from member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries to pursue full-time studies to obtain bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees with the aim of building the appropriate competencies required with a special focus on sustainability sciences to empower societies and assist them in achieving national and global development plans, Including the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Host universities: Turkish universities
- Country of study: Turkey
- Study level: Bachelor / Master / PhD
- Application deadline: April 15, 2023
Funding provided through the Islamic Development Bank grant in Turkey
- The scholarship is fully funded as the scholarship covers tuition fees, monthly stipend, accommodation, health insurance, and return air tickets.
- PhD student receives a salary of 2,600 TL per month
- Master’s student receives a monthly salary of 2100 TL per month
- A bachelor’s student receives a salary of 1,800 TL per month
- The scholarship will also cover the study of the Turkish language for students who have obtained admission to programs taught in Turkish
Eligibility criteria to apply for the Islamic Bank scholarship in Turkey:
Admission criteria for the Islamic Bank Scholarship are in accordance with the conditions and standards of the Islamic Bank. You can view the eligibility criteria for each degree through the link: here
Note: Turkish is the language taught in most of the programs in Turkish universities. However, a candidate who wishes to study in English must provide evidence of TOEFL language proficiency or other equivalent certificates. Knowing that these programs require international admission test scores, such as GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc. Therefore candidates should check the language of instruction while selecting the programme.
- March 15, 2023 start of applications
- April 15, 2023 application deadline
- April-May 2023 Application review
- June – July 2023 interviews for shortlisted applicants
- August 2023 announcement of results
- September 2023 Student Preparation (Visa and travel to Turkey) How to apply:
An eligible student must apply for the program through the Turkish Scholarships website ( www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr ).
To access the scholarship homepage on the official website: here