Are you interested in getting a fully-funded Qatar scholarship to study at a prestigious institution in Qatar?
Then we have some exciting news for you! The Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship in Qatar 2023 is an excellent fully funded scholarship opportunity that is now accepting applications. Outstanding candidates seeking fully funded scholarships to attend universities in Qatar should apply for HBKU Scholarships.
It is worth mentioning that Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarships are offered on a competitive basis, with excellence, academic merit, leadership and service experience, and financial need all being considered.
This is your chance to learn everything there is to know about the prestigious Hamad Bin Khalifa University scholarship. So, let’s get this started!
Criteria of Eligibility for Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship
Students who want to earn a scholarship at this top public university in Doha must meet the eligibility criteria. The Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship has the following qualifying requirements:
The scholarship is open to applicants from abroad as well as Qatari citizens.
- Students must have completed 12 years of previous education in order to apply to the bachelor’s program.
- Candidates for the master’s program must hold a bachelor’s degree.
- The minimum requirement for admission to a PhD program is an MS from any faculty.
Language Test Scores:
IELTS, TOEFL, or GRE test scores are required. Students who finished their education at an institution where English is the primary medium of instruction may be exempt from taking the English language test and just need to present an English Proficiency Certificate.
Students will also need to meet any extra criteria set by the program they are applying to.
Requirements the Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship
The following requirements must be met in order to be eligible for the 2023 Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship:
- Students are not eligible to apply for HBKU scholarships until they have been admitted to and committed to enrollment in an applicable HBKU program. Students who meet or surpass the minimal admission standards are eligible for awards.
- Scholarships and tuition waivers are provided throughout the whole program length, which is four years for BS degrees, two years for MS/MA degrees, three to four years for PhDs (three years for MS holders and four years for BS holders), and three years for JD programs, depending on whether the student has already received an MS/MA degree or not. The scholarships are renewed each year.
- Students who get scholarships or tuition waivers must reapply each year to keep their awards, and they are examined at the end of each spring semester to see if they qualify for the scholarship to continue into the next academic year. While recipients of the scholarship are enrolled in classes for the academic year, the Scholarship Committee will verify that they satisfy the minimal requirements. To renew their scholarships, most students must maintain a specific GPA, finish a certain number of credits, and, in some situations, remain in an approved major. A 3.0 CGPA is often required of MS/PhD candidates.
- The scholarship contract specifies how many credits the recipient must earn each semester. Credits obtained outside of HBKU, such as transfers from other universities, will not count toward the minimum number of credits necessary to keep the scholarships.
- It is the student’s responsibility to comprehend and adhere to the requirements. It is also the student’s responsibility to ensure that he or she meets the deadlines for scholarship applications set by the institutions.
- The value of each academic award is determined by HBKU colleges and is listed on the scholarship contract.
- There is no provision for a probationary term for scholarships. A student will not be placed on probation if he or she loses his or her scholarship. There will be a cancellation of the scholarship. Exceptional cases may be reviewed by the scholarship committee and approved by the Dean.
- The amount and requirements for scholarships and tuition waivers are subject to change each year at the discretion of HBKU.
- Students may not receive more than one scholarship. They must also notify HBKU immediately if they get external sponsorship.
- If a student receives many scholarships or sponsorship awards during a semester, HBKU retains the right to limit or cancel such awards at any time. This covers any outside-source scholarships you may have earned.
- To be eligible for continuous scholarship support, students must sign the scholarship agreement and fulfill all of its conditions.
- The HBKU scholarship will be canceled for students who drop out of the semester or the university. Tuition fee penalties are completely the responsibility of the student.
- The HBKU scholarship will be withdrawn from students who violate university policies and the honor code.
Documents Required for HBKU scholarship
To apply to Hamad Bin Khalifa University, you must provide the following documents: The university may request further paperwork if necessary.
- A valid passport
- Last educational certificates and transcripts
- Student Resume/CV
- A Letter of Recommendation
- A study Plan
- GRE/GMAT/TOEFL results as per requirements
- Personal Statement of Interests
- IELTS Certificate (if required)
Hamad Bin Khalifa University Courses
International students can enroll in the following courses at Hamad Bin Khalifa University:
College of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Master of Arts in Intercultural Communication
- Master of Arts in Audiovisual Translation
- Master of Arts in Digital Humanities and Societies
- Master of Arts in Translation Studies
- Master of Arts in Women, Society, and Development
- Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences
College of Health & Life Sciences
- Master of Science in Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Master of Science in Exercise Science
- Master of Science in Genomics and Precision Medicine
- Ph.D. in Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Ph.D. in Genomics and Precision Medicine
College of Science & Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Master of Data Analytics in Health Management
- Master of Information Systems in Health Management
- Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Data Science and Engineering
- Master of Science in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Master of Science in Sustainable Energy
- Master of Science in Sport and Entertainment Management
- Master of Science in Sustainable Environment
- Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering
- Ph.D. in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LSCM)
- Ph.D. in Sustainable Energy
- Ph.D. in Sustainable Environment
College of Islamic Studies
- Master of Arts in Applied Islamic Ethics
- Master of Arts in Islam and Global Affairs
- Master of Arts in Islamic Studies
- Master of Science in Islamic Art, Architecture and Urbanism
- Master of Science in Islamic Finance
- Ph.D. in Islamic Finance and Economy
College of Law
- LLM in International Economic and Business Law
- LLM in International Law and Foreign Affairs
- Doctor of Juridical Science
- Juris Doctor
What does the Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship financially cover.
The following advantages are available to international students who are eligible for the fully funded Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) Scholarship:
- Full tuition fee waiver
- Monthly Stipend
- For PhD. program applicants: QAR 7,000 per month
- For Master’s program applicants: QAR 5,000 per month
- For Bachelor’s program applicants: QAR 5,000 per month
- Subsidized housing facility
- Family accommodation offered to married students
- Round trip air ticket to and from the home country is given once a year.
Steps to Apply for the Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship:
The application process for the Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship is fairly simple. The students must submit an online application form after filling it out. The following are the procedures you must follow to apply for the HBKU scholarship:
- Find the application for admission to your specific program (there are different forms for the different programs). Give accurate information when filling out the online application.
- Upload any documents that are requested, such as study plans, motivation letters, SOPs, recommendation letters, and so on.
- You will be given information on how to apply for free funding after you have been approved for the program. Then, just follow the on-screen instructions to apply for the Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship.
It should be noted that in order to qualify for the Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship, applicants must be accepted into a degree program.
Visit the link below to apply for the Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship for the academic years 2023–2024.
Deadline for the Hamad Bin Khalifa University Scholarship 2023
Make sure not to miss these important dates.