Every year, the Japanese Government accepts applications for the Fully Funded Monbukagakusho (MEXT) Japanese Government Scholarships for Bachelor’s (Bachelor’s), Master’s and Ph.D. Knowledge of Japanese and IELTS / TOEFL is not mandatory. MEXT Japan Scholarship 2023 is offered for applications that are open to all students from all over the world.
Details of the MEXT Japan Scholarship 2023
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Study level: Undergraduate (Bachelor), Masters and Doctorate (PhD)
Fields of study: all fields and majors
About MEXT Masters and PhD
For the MEXT Research Scholarship, applicants must apply in the field of study in which they majored at the university or in a related field. Furthermore, the fields of study must be subjects in which applicants can study and research in postgraduate courses at Japanese universities. Nor will A student studying medicine, dentistry, or social welfare sciences is allowed to engage in clinical training such as medical care and surgery until he or she obtains a license from the Minister of Health, Labor, and Welfare under applicable Japanese laws.
All fields and majors are available on the Japanese Government Scholarship MEXT
Required qualifications and eligibility criteria
International students to study in Japan who meet the following qualifications and conditions MEXT will accept their applications submitted:
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- However, persons with dual nationality who hold Japanese citizenship and whose place of residence at the time of application is outside Japan are eligible to apply as long as they choose the nationality of the other country and renounce their Japanese nationality by the date of their arrival in Japan.
- The first examination must take place at the Japanese diplomatic mission in the country where the applicant chooses citizenship.
- An applicant who holds Japanese citizenship at the time of application is not eligible.
Applicants must have been born on or after April 2, 1990.
- Master Course: Applicants who have completed 16 years of school education in countries other than Japan.
- Doctoral Course: Applicants who have completed 18 years of school education in countries other than Japan.
- Language: Knowledge of Japanese and IELTS/TOEFL is not mandatory.
- Language Ability At the Embassy level, there are no specific language ability requirements for application. However, after examining the document, you will be subject to language proficiency tests.
- The Embassy only requires you to be; Willing to learn Japanese.
Financial Coverage (Scholarship Coverage)
- 2,000 yen or 3,000 yen per month added to the monthly scholarship.
- 143,000 yen per month for students receiving middle school education and non-regular students.
- 144,000 yen per month for ordinary students enrolled in master’s or professional certification courses.
- 145,000 yen per month for ordinary students enrolled in doctoral courses..
Entrance examination fees, registration and tuition at universities will be paid by MEXT, however, the entrance examination fees will be borne by the beneficiaries if they are unable to apply to a master’s or doctoral course or cannot be accepted by the university.
Transportation to Japan: MEXT will determine the flight schedule and travel route, and provide a flight ticket for recipients who will arrive in Japan within the specified period. The airline ticket will also be an economy class ticket for the flight.
How to apply
You must fill in the application form with all details and all documents. The procedure is given below and all links are given below. So please check the official link. Check the websites of the Japanese Embassy in your country.
At the embassy level, there are no specific language ability requirements to apply. However, after examining the document, you will be subjected to language proficiency tests. The embassy only requires that you be willing to learn Japanese.
WHERE AND WHEN DO YOU APPLY?
You must apply at the Japanese Embassy or Consulate serving the area where you live. You can find a list of Japanese embassies or consulates located in various countries of the world at:
Control-F search on that page to find your country, it may not be listed under the world region you’re used to.
Each embassy or consulate sets its own deadlines, and in general, deadlines for applications are between mid-May and early June. So be sure to check the embassy or consulate webpage for specific application instructions. Your embassy or consulate will explain exactly what you need to submit and how. Your embassy or consulate may have additional eligibility restrictions or paperwork requirements.