The Romania Government Scholarship 2023 for International Students is now open for applications. Organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of Education and Research (MER), the scholarship is open for international students willing to study at the undergraduate, master’s, and PhD levels in Romania. With the exception of EU member nations, applicants are accepted from anywhere in the world.
Candidates for this scholarship can only study in the Romanian language if they have been enrolled in undergraduate and master’s degree programmes. Doctoral students may study in Romanian or a foreign language if such options are available at the university to which they are applying. A one-year Romanian language preparatory course is offered to non-Romanian speakers who need to study the Romanian language before starting university studies. With the exception of pharmacy, medicine, and dental medicine, applicants may choose the study programme of their choice in any field.
Details of the Romania Government Scholarship 2023:
- Host Country: Romania
- Host Universities: All eligible Romanian Universities
- Offered by: the Romanian Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Finanicial coverage: Fully funded
- Doctorate Degree Program
- Master’s Degree Program
- Bachelor’s Degree Program
Scholarship Duration of the Government
- Doctorate Degree Program (3 to 5 years)
- Master’s Degree Program (1.5 years to 2 years)
- Bachelor’s Degree Program (3-6 years)
What Are the Eligibility Criteria for Romania Government Scholarship 2023?
To avail themselves of this Romania Scholarship 2023, candidates must fulfil the following criteria:
- All non-EU students can apply.
- At the time of application, the applicant should not be a Romanian citizen.
- He or she did not seek or obtain any form of protection in Romania.
- The applicant must not be a member or family member of the diplomatic or consular corps accredited to Romania.
- The candidate must not be a member of the administrative or technical staff of diplomatic missions or consular offices accredited to Romania.
- S/he must also not be a member of the staff of international organisations based in Romania or a member of the family of a member of the staff of international organisations based in Romania.
- The candidate must not have been a recipient of a Romanian state scholarship for the same academic year.
- All stateless people on Romanian territory who are legally recognised cannot apply.
- The candidate must be at least 35 years old for undergraduate, bachelor’s, and master’s degree studies and 45 years old for Ph.D. or doctorate degree studies or postgraduate studies.
Programs Offered by Romania Government Scholarship 2023
The Romania Government Scholarship 2023 is available to pursue an undergraduate, master’s, or doctorate degree in a variety of fields, including:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Education Sciences
- Journalism Oil and Gas
- Political and Administrative Sciences
- Romanian Culture and Civilization
- Social and Human Sciences
- Technical Studies
- Visual Arts and Veterinary Medicine.
Note: Please keep in mind that these scholarships are NOT available in the fields of medicine, dentistry, or pharmacy. Furthermore, you can only apply to study programmes taught in Romanian for bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
Which universities offer Romania Government Scholarship 2023
The following is a list of universities and higher education institutes in Romania where scholarship recipients may possibly pursue their studies.
Required Documents to Apply for Romania Government Scholarship 2023
- The MFA application form (Appendix 1) for a Romanian scholarship correctly filled out.
- The MER application form (Appendix 2) for the issuance of an admission letter to study in Romania
- authorised copies of matriculation sheets or diploma supplements relating to graduate studies, as well as their authorised translation, if necessary.
- Authorized copies of obtained study diplomas (baccalaureate diploma or equivalent + bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees, if any) and their authorised translation into one of the following languages, if required: English, French, or Romanian.
- a certified translation of the birth certificate in one of the following languages: English, French, or Romanian.
- A medical certificate attesting to the fact that the participant enrolling in the study does not have a contagious disease or other conditions incompatible with the required studies
- 2 recent passport-sized photos
- A copy of the first 3 pages of the passport
- The applicant’s curriculum vitae and, for the doctorate cycle, a letter of intent comprising a list of scientific works, specialised publications, and a thorough explanation of the proposed research project, as well as the agreement of a tutor, who must be a member of the doctoral school chosen. Both documents must be written in one of three languages: English, French, or Romanian.
The following papers will also be included in the application file, but only for candidates who fit into the specific category specified for each document:
- The document certifying that the current year’s graduates passed their respective baccalaureate, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate exams (copy and certified translation)
- A proof of completion of the Romanian preparatory year or a certificate of language competency, if needed.
- Proof of name change (a copy and a authorized translation, if necessary).
- A declaration of parental consent for minor candidates (in one of the following languages: English, French, or Romanian).
How to Apply for Romania Government Scholarship
Diplomatic missions are required to submit application files. Please keep in mind that application files sent by post or directly to the MFA or the MNE, as well as files received after the deadline, will NOT be considered. To apply for Romania Government Scholarship 2023, please check out the official website
After submitting the online form, you will get a confirmation message on the platform and an email letting you know that it was submitted successfully. Every candidate will get an email announcing the scholarship results on July 15, 2023.
Deadlines for applying for Romania Government Scholarship 2023
Each Romanian Embassy in your country or region sets its own deadline for the submission of applications for the Romania Government Scholarship 2023 program. However, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Romania will no longer accept applications after March 1, 2023, as stated in official statements.