The Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs offers fully funded scholarships for foreign students (Romanian Scholarship 2021). Romania scholarship application starts in November of each year and ends in April of the following year.
Romanian government scholarships are applied for through the Romanian government’s embassies and consulates. The scholarships include all study and living costs for the duration of the study.
The scholarship is offered for bachelors, masters, and doctorates, for the various majors available.
Advantages of the Romanian Scholarship 2021
Students who win scholarships funded by the Romanian government receive a number of benefits throughout the study period, including the following:
- Exemption from paying registration fees and tuition fees.
- Free preparatory year to study the Romanian language.
- Student housing within the support allocated by the Ministry of Education and Scientific Research.
- health insurance.
- Monthly stipend: 65 € for undergraduate students, 75 € for masters students, 85 € for doctoral students.
* Important note: The scholarship does not cover tickets to and from Romania.
Conditions of the Romanian government scholarship
Those wishing to obtain the Romanian scholarship 2021 must fulfill the scholarship conditions.
Who is eligible to apply for the scholarship:
- Holders of all nationalities are entitled to apply for the Romanian scholarship, with the exception of European Union citizens who hold Romanian citizenship.
- The scholarship does not require submitting any English language certificates such as TOEFL or IELTS.
- Students can apply for various majors except for medicine, dentistry and pharmacy.
Bachelor’s degree programs aimed at high school graduates. The program lasts for 3-6 years depending on the chosen major.
Master Scholarships: Master’s degree
programs offered to graduate students, last one year, 1.5 years, or two years and end with a thesis exam.PhD Scholarships:
Doctoral programs are directed to graduate students or equivalent and last for a period of timeFrom 3-5 years.
What is the language of study in the Romanian Scholarship?
By offering scholarships to foreign students, Romania promotes local culture, so the approved language of study in the Romanian Government Scholarship is Romanian.Otherwise, doctoral students can study in a language other than Romanian. All students will receive a preparatory year to study the Romanian language before starting university studies.
If you do not meet the above requirements, you can apply for other scholarships such as: Russian Government Scholarship 2021
Required documents to apply for the Romanian scholarship
Students applying must prepare the following documents to apply for the Romanian government scholarship. All official links and files attached are at the bottom of the article.
- Official application form (attached).
- Transcript and graduation certificate.
- Birth certificate (or similar document).
- The first 3 pages of the passport.
- CV by form attached below the article.
- Motivation letter for PhD students.
The documents are submitted in the original language, accompanied by translation in English, French or Romanian as well.
How to apply for the Romanian scholarship
After reading all the above details, and making sure that the conditions are met and the documents necessary to apply are available, follow the following steps to apply for the Romanian scholarship:
- Fill out the registration form.
- Scan all required files.
- Find the information of the Romanian embassy or consulate in your country.
- Send the documents along with the registration form to the diplomatic missions either via the Internet or in person to the official headquarters.
Applications submitted directly by applicants to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Education and Scientific Research, or to email addresses of the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs will not be accepted.
The application must be made through representatives of the Romanian embassies in your country. For example, Egyptian students will apply for the scholarship through the Romanian embassy in Cairo.
Important dates for the granting of Romania
The application dates for the Romanian scholarship vary from one country to another, but in general, the application starts on: 15 November 2020 until 30 April 2021.
Please check the website of the Romanian embassy in your country for more information on specific dates.
Scholarship Results: The scholarship results will be announced on July 15, 2021, and those accepted by the diplomatic missions will be contacted.
Official links and attached files:
You can apply for the Romanian scholarship through the following:
- Grant form
- CV template
- Majors and universities available in Romania .
- Announcement of the grant from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.