If you want to study in Germany, you can apply for the SBW Berlin Scholarship, which is offered to international students of various nationalities around the world who wish to have the opportunity to study a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Germany for the academic year 2021-2022. Scholarships help advance your academic and career goals by removing financial barriers in order to cover tuition expenses.
SBW Berlin Scholarship details
- Host country : Germany
- Host Institution : SBW Berlin
- Level of study : Bachelor’s degree – Master’s degree
- Application deadline : – June 30, 2021
Funding provided under the SBW Berlin Scholarship
- study fees
- Stay in a room in the SBW’s shared student apartments in Berlin.
- Living allowance of 550 euros per month.
- Support for the social enterprise will be provided, if required.
- A travel allowance will likely be provided for your trip to Berlin before the start of your studies and for the trip home after completing your studies. The maximum budget for trips within Europe. € 500 for travel outside Europe, a maximum. 1,000 euros.
Conditions for applying into the SBW Berlin Scholarship
Read this : DAAD : scholarships in germany
- Eligible Countries : All Nationalities. (United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen) .
- The applicant must be between 18 and 30 years old.
- Applicants must be prior to the start of their university education or fully enrolled in the first or second semester or maximum of the third in a state-recognized university (in Germany or abroad) or apply for a master’s degree shortly before or after obtaining a bachelor’s degree. .
- That the applicant’s average score corresponds to a German average score of at least 2.0.
- Be able to prove that he has not been in Germany for more than 18 months before submitting the application.
- Applicants intending to work in their home country for at least 18 months after graduation.
- Applicants with professional or volunteer experience in the non-profit sector.
- Applicants who are able to demonstrate a relatively low net income.
- The applicant does not have first-degree family members permanently residing in Germany.
- Students whose studies in Germany have already been funded by another scholarship are not allowed to apply. The exception to this rule is assistance under the Federal Education Assistance Act (BAFöG). In this case, the amount of the grant is adjusted according to the allowance. BAFöG
How to Apply for the SBW Berlin Scholarship
- Fill out the scholarship application form (online or in PDF) from here .
- Submit the following documents
- A letter of intent or a letter of motivation that is intended for the purpose of the grant
- A high school diploma for applying to the bachelor’s stage
- Bachelor’s degree for applying to the master’s level
- Recommendation letter
- Information about net household income
- A valid passport
- SBW may request further documentation at later stages.
- Fill in your personal information and contact information.
- The application and all certificates and supporting documents attached to it must be submitted in German or English via email email@example.com .
- You must read the scholarship guidelines here
Read more: Max Planck internship program in Germany