Knight-Hennessy Scholars develops a community of future global leaders to address complex challenges through collaboration and innovation. Every year, up to 100 high-achieving students from around the world will receive full funding to pursue any graduate degree at Stanford, including the JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, and Ph.D. programs, as well as all joint- and dual-degrees. Knight-Hennessy Scholarship Program in the United States is a magnet for talent. They curate a multidisciplinary community of scholars, offer a platform for purposeful leadership development, and empower you to effect large-scale positive impact in the world.
Details About Knight Henessay Scholarship
- Scholarship Country: United States of America
- University: Stanford University
- No.of Scholarships: 100
- Scholarship By: Knight Hennessy Scholarship
- Course Level: Masters, PhD, MS, MBA, MFA, MD, JD Degrees.
- Duration: 2 Year, 3 Year, 4 Year, 5 Year
- Deadline: 6th October 2021
- They encourage applications to Knight-Hennessy Scholars from residents of all countries.
- Any Academic Discipline in any of Stanford’s Graduate Schools
- You are eligible to apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program if you are applying to enroll in a full-time graduate program(s) at Stanford (for example, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or Ph.D.) or if you plan on pursuing one of Stanford’s many joints- and dual- graduate degree options (for example, but not limited to, MD+PhD, JD+MA, MBA+MS).
- You are eligible to apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program if you received your first/bachelor’s degree in 2014 or later. That means:
- You must have graduated from January 2014 through September 2021 to enroll at Stanford in autumn 2021.
- U.S. military (active or veteran) applicants: You receive a two-year extension of eligibility due to longer service commitments. You are eligible if you earned your undergraduate (bachelor’s or first) degree in 2012 or later.
- If you are still in college studying for your first/bachelor’s degree, you are eligible to apply as long as you will complete your first/bachelor’s degree before you enroll as a graduate student at Stanford.
All Graduate Programs at Stanford Only for Graduate Degrees. All Fields & Majors are Available. You can Get Your Masters or Ph.D. Degree in Any Discipline.
- School of Engineering (All Fields)
- School of Humanities and Sciences
- School of Earth, Energy, and Environmental Sciences
- Graduate School of Education
- School of Medicine
- School of Law
- Graduate School of Business
- School of Medicine Biosciences
- Continuing Studies
- Online Application
- Standardized Test Score
- One Page Resume (Check How to Make an Effective CV, Useful Tips)
- Two Recommendation Letters (Check How to write a Recommendation Letter)
- Tow Short-Answer Responses
- Video Story
- In-Person Assessment
If you remember only one thing from this admission section, please remember this: to be selected as a Knight-Hennessy Scholar, you must apply separately to the Stanford graduate degree program you wish to pursue in addition to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program. We can’t select you as a Knight-Hennessy Scholar if the department doesn’t admit you (though the department may admit you even if you’re not selected as a Knight-Hennessy Scholar).
You should check each department’s website for a sense of what it seeks in candidates. For Knight-Hennessy Scholars, we look primarily at three areas:
1. Independence of Thought
- First-step mental sharpness
- Seeks out knowledge and new experiences
- Full of original ideas
- Makes sense of ambiguous situations
- Can hold a contrarian or dissenting point of view
2. Purposeful Leadership
- Ambitious, in the best sense of the word
- Driven to improve self
- Willing to take risks
- Persists and bounces back from adversity
3. Civic Mindset
- Personally humble and kind
- Respects differences
- Concerned for and helpful to others
- Low ego