The Fully Funded Ghent University Doctoral Scholarship 2023 in Belgium is a fantastic opportunity for students to pursue their academic careers overseas. It aims to attract people from developing countries who aspire to excel in their careers in research-related fields.
Brilliant minds from all over the world come to Belgium to apply for the Ghent University scholarship. It gives students practical experience by allowing them to become an important member of a diverse community of researchers. Furthermore, this fully funded international fellowship program allows students to do research in the North for the first 24 months, and then they must conduct research in the South for the remaining 24 months.
The globe is convulsed by multiple global issues, including health, water, and food, as well as other environmental issues. The research community at Ghent University is eager to find solutions to these intricate global problems. The Ghent campus seeks to create a workforce that is innovative, smart, energetic, and dynamic in environmental and food technology, as well as molecular biotechnology. With this objective, the campus aims to broaden the perspectives of those who belong to these various disciplines.
In the center of Europe, Ghent University is regarded as one of the top international universities. It is recognized as a focal point that unites continents across the world. The institute’s top research priorities are intended to address both the general and specific global concerns facing Belgium.
Details about the Ghent University Scholarships 2023 in Belgium:
- Offered Degrees: PhD
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- University: Ghent University
- Host Country: Belgium
- Duration: 24 Months
- Application Deadline: 2nd February 2023
Eligibiliy Criteria for the Ghent University Scholarship Program in Belgium
- Candidates must be from a developing country and have the nationality of that country (see country list).
- Proposals have to be submitted jointly by a candidate, a supervisor (promoter) at Ghent University, and a supervisor at the partner university (South).
- There are no constraints on the subject of study; however, priority will be given to topics relevant to development.
- Only degree-seeking students (students pursuing a joint PhD at Ghent University) are eligible to apply. This award is not available to exchange students.
- The University of Ghent would like to encourage more female researchers to apply for this scholarship. Because of this, a Ghent University supervisor may support no more than two applicants per call, provided that they are of different genders.
Benefits of the Ghent University Scholarships 2023:
- The scholarship promoter will be given a bench fee of € 310 monthly.
- € 8000 will be awarded to cover part of the operational and traveling costs for Ghent university promoter, local promoters, and the student..
Reminder : The candidate must secure full-time funding for the remaining 24 months of research in the South; the Ghent University will only sponsor the part of the study that will take place in Ghent (24 months).
- This scholarship requires co-financing; for further information on which types of co-financing are permitted, please see the call documents.
- In general, the following partnership criteria must be met:
- The southern partner university or research center must have a local PhD supervisor.
- a written statement from the partner university stating that the candidate will receive a full-time local PhD scholarship or salary for a period of 24 months while working on the PhD at the partner university in the South
- and will be sufficiently freed from teaching and other responsibilities to devote his whole attention to his PhD study in the South. Applicants may devote up to 10% of their time (on a full-time basis) to other projects (teaching and other tasks).
How to Apply for the Ghent University Scholarship in Belgium
• Application forms must be submitted online (in English) to th official email of the univrsity: [email protected]
• The Ghent University supervisor must submit the following two documents in addition to the application form:
- A recommendation on the candidate, giving the supervisor’s assessment of the applicant’s potential as a future researcher.
- A recommendation on how the proposed research project should be conducted in terms of ethics and biosafety.
Application Deadline of the Ghent University Doctoral Scholarship Program in Belgium
The Ghent University Doctoral Scholarship Program in Belgium has an application deadline of February 2, 2023.