- The host / Oostende, Belgium.
Donor / mu-zee-um vzw
- Funded / Fully Funded
- The stages / all academic levels starting from the university (Bachelor, Master, PhD)
Duration / 52 weeks (from 12/31/2022) to 01/01/2022
- The deadline for submission is / May 15, 2021
- It does not require a submission fee.
- A language certificate is not required.
Learning a new language (Dutch), a job opportunity, various activities.
Information about volunteering activity:
Wanted: Creativity for Youth focuses on cultural participation in all aspects.
The project aspires to stimulate art and cultural habits in children and youth.
We want to include new ideas and a wider range of expertise in the association.
Coordination and exchange are keywords in this project.
There are many learning opportunities for volunteers such as:
Discover many types of art, new skills, and a new language.
Involve children and youth in creative sessions and take responsibility for the realization of a special project.
They will learn how projects are prepared, how sessions and workshops are visualized, what methodology we use to teach art, and how they can organize and assume responsibilities for themselves in projects, courses or sessions.
The volunteer will mostly work with young people and will participate in workshops with them.
Note: The volunteer will also get an opportunity to work with them on projects.
- Accommodation: The volunteer will have a student room in the student house, with a shared kitchen and bathroom.
- Transportation: Oostende is a large average place in Flanders, Belgium. The volunteer will have his own bicycle to travel.
- Food: The volunteer will receive a monthly food allowance to take care of all food and meals (240 euros / month).
- The volunteer will also receive pocket money: 110 EUR per month.
- Language lessons: The volunteer will receive an individual language course, with special emphasis on work in the organization and everyday situations.
Note: The sending organization is interested in: pre-departure training where the volunteer will get all the information about the instructions and the organization of his / her stay.
Admission criteria to volunteer in Belgium:
Mu-zee-um gives preference to candidates with the following profile:
- An enthusiastic and dynamic personality.
- Willingness to learn the Dutch language (even taking a course before starting the project).
- Independent and eager to take the lead.
- Some experience in the fields of art education or youth work is an extra value – a sense of humor – the flexible and responsible volunteers are expected to integrate as a full member of the team, participating in all the activities going on in the association.
Required documents :
(All in English):
- A CV.
- A letter of intent “A letter in which you explain the reasons for presenting you for this opportunity and what distinguishes you.”
Papers are prepared and sent to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org