If you want to study in Turkey, you can apply for the Turkish scholarship 2022, which is offered to international students of various nationalities around the world who want to have the opportunity to study a bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate or research degree in Turkey for the academic year 2022. Scholarships help advance your academic and career goals by removing financial barriers in order to cover tuition expenses.
With the help of these scholarships, you will be able to study in some of the best universities in Turkey and gain very useful insight, skills and research. All of these things will come in handy as you move forward with your career and go to a more demanding stage.
- Host country: Turkey
- Study level: Bachelor, Master, PhD, Research
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Host universities: Turkish universities
The Turkish government provides free scholarships to international students from all over the world, covering almost all disciplines and all levels of study: bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate. There are 1,325 programs in 89 pages that you can view from here .
Funding provided in the Turkish scholarship 2022
Just like most other scholarship programs, Turkey Scholarships Program also provides a full range of benefits to its students. Some of the best features of the program are listed below:
Free Accommodation : One of the best things about Turkey Scholarships is that it deals with student accommodation in the best way. All students are accommodated in the university’s dormitories, and students can live for free. However, if students do not want to live in these dormitories, they can easily move to a place they like, although in this case, the student must pay for their own accommodation costs.
No tuition fees : Students are encouraged to study at their full potential and there is no responsibility on their shoulders. Students do not have to pay any tuition fees, tuition is completely free and that is something that cannot be taken for granted.
Expenses: The scholarship pays the student a monthly salary as follows:
Bachelors 1000 Turkish lira
Masters 1400 Turkish lira
Doctorate 1800 Turkish lira
Research 3200 Turkish lira
Health Expenses : Health expenses for all students are covered by public health insurance. Healthcare is a big problem around the world especially if you are a foreigner. Fortunately, this is not the case if you are a scholarship student in Turkey. Even if you get sick, all expenses will be covered by public health insurance and you don’t have to pay a single penny.
Travel Expenses : The scholarship program in Turkey pays up to the student travel expenses. The student will be provided two tickets during their studies, one of them will be for arrival, and the other will be for departure after completing their studies. However, if the students decide to purchase their tickets themselves, the amount will be returned to the students later.
Turkish Language Course : Turkish scholarship students undergo a one-year Turkish language course if they do not have proof of Turkish language proficiency, and students who will study in other languages instead of Turkish are also required to take this course
Conditions for applying for the Turkish scholarship 2022
- The age of the candidate is one of the strict criteria that is taken into consideration.
- If you wish to apply for an undergraduate degree, you should not be born before January 2000, meaning that the student must not be more than 21 years old.
- If you wish to apply for a master’s degree, you should not be born before January 1991, meaning the student should not be more than 30 years old.
- Likewise, to obtain a Ph.D., one should not be born before January 1986, meaning that the age of the student should not exceed 35 years, and for the research program, it is January 1976, meaning that the student should not exceed 45 years old.
- To apply in the undergraduate program, a GPA of at least 70% of marks are mandatory.
- As for the programs of the College of Medicine and all medical specialties, the average is not less than 90% of the marks.
- To apply to the Master’s and Ph.D.programme, the GPA must be at least 75% of mandatory marks.
- If you are a Turkish citizen or used to be a former citizen of it, you cannot apply for the program.
- Students studying in Turkey are not able to receive the scholarship.
- Selected students must show their documents upon request.
Documents required to apply for the Turkish government scholarship 2022
Undergraduate program requirements
- High School certificate.
- International test results (if any) such as (IELTS, TOEFL, SAT ……). In case you want to study in English.
- a copy of the passport.
- Recommendation letter (if applicable).
- Motivation letter.
- If you are in your last year of high school, you should be able to finish your studies in the same year if you are accepted.
Master’s and PhD degree requirements
- Graduation certificates.
- Degree transcript.
- University entrance examination (if applicable).
- International test results (if any) such as (IELTS, TOEFL, SAT ……) in case you want to study in English.
- a copy of the passport.
- Motivation letter.
- 2 academic recommendation letters.
- A research proposal and an example of your written work (for PhD applicants only)
Candidates who have fully completed the application will be invited for an interview according to their academic success. Information about the interview will be delivered by e-mail and the electronic application system, and the interviews will be held face-to-face or the Internet in countries where there are no Turkish consulates or embassies
Read more: Qatar Government Scholarships
How to apply for the Turkish scholarship 2022
- Create a personal account on the website of the scholarship.
- Fill out your form with the required information.
- Upload the previously mentioned documents required from you.
- After that, choose the program you want to apply for.
- Upload letters of recommendation.
- Choose the major you want and the universities you want admission to.
- Write the letter of intent.
- Review your application before submitting it.
Read This: Abu Dhabi University Scholarship
If you want to know the ideal way to apply for the Turkish government scholarship, you can watch this video submitted by the student Mazen Al-Durra, which explains all the details of the application and the method of filling the application with pictures in an ideal way without errors … We wish all students success, God willing.
Tips for applying to the Turkish scholarship
- Applications can only be submitted by individual candidates through www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr
- There are no institutions or people authorized to apply for the scholarships.
- Candidates are strongly advised to carefully read the instructions and warnings in the application system.
- Applicants must submit and upload the necessary documents for the application system.
- Applications submitted by post, courier or hand will not be accepted.
- The application form is free.
- The Turkish scholarship includes scholarships and university placement at the same time. Applicants will be placed in a university and program among their 12 preferences that they choose in the application system.
Read This: UAE University Scholarships